Stralis Energy is an accredited service provider (ASP) with a team of qualified, highly trained and skilled line workers authorised to clear vegetation in the close approach zones of power lines. Tree trimming near powerlines requires a specialised contractor to perform the work.
Our specialised machinery allows us to safely trim hard to reach limbs and branches while our experience with the energy network ensures no unexpected disruptions to supply. Stralis Energy has a fleet of Elevated Work Platforms (EWP’s) and specialised machinery designed to work on or near powerlines.
Trimming trees that are too close to powerlines helps protect against bushfires, power outages due to falling limbs and reduces the potential harm to people. If trees start to get too close to powerlines Essential Energy may send you a notice to clear the trees. This is to ensure the electrical network does not experience any unexpected outages.
Did you know?
- Trees that are on your property are your responsibility
- 1.5m of clearance must be kept between the lines and the trees.
- In areas that are prone to bushfire the distance increases to 2 metres clearance.
- For higher voltage powerlines the minimum clearance increases to 3m.
- You must use an accredited service provider to work in close proximity to powerlines.
- If a shutdown of the line is needed Stralis Energy can arrange with the electricity company on your behalf.
- Once the work is done Stralis Energy will leave your property clean and clear of branches.
If you would like one of our team to undertake an inspection and trimming service get in contact with us today on 1800 787 254 or complete the form below and we will get in touch.
More information on tree trimming near powerlines can be found below:
Powerlines and trees on your property