Established in 2006, SolarEdge developed the DC optimised inverter solution that changed the way power is harvested and managed in photovoltaic (PV) systems. The SolarEdge intelligent inverter solution maximises power generation while lowering the cost of energy produced by the PV system, for improved return on investment.
Solar Edge is best known for pioneering the concept of a string inverter matched with individual ‘DC optimisers’ on each solar panel. This means that it is somewhat between a string and microinverter system allowing for the best of both worlds.
SolarEdge inverters can be more efficient than normal string inverters because they avoid loss of power caused by individual panel shading or malfunctioning. If panels are shaded, SolarEdge power optimizers reconfigure their output so that the combined voltage is roughly 350 volts. The result is that an output drop in one or more panels does not impact the overall effectiveness of the others.
The SolarEdge inverter itself has a 12-year warranty, and their optimizers have a 25-year warranty.
SolarEdge Single Phase Inverter
The SolarEdge single phase inverter with HD-Wave technology breaks the mold of traditional solar inverters. Winner of the prestigious 2016 Intersolar Award and the renowned 2018 Edison Award, the single phase inverter is specifically designed to work with SolarEdge power optimisers and features a standard 12-year warranty extendable to 20 or 25 years.
- Specifically designed to work with SolarEdge power optimisers
- 2.5kW to 10kW range
- 99% weighted efficiency (33%-50% less losses than the market standard)
- Up to 155% oversizing allowed
- High reliability due to lower heat dissipation
- Advanced safety features, including integrated arc fault protection
- Quick and easy inverter commissioning directly from your smartphone using the SolarEdge SetApp
- Standard 12-year warranty
- Built-in panel-level monitoring
- Manages PV production, battery storage, and smart energy products
SolarEdge Three Phase Hybrid Inverter
Utilising SolarEdge’s superior PV design freedom, this hybrid inverter provides a market-leading solution for three phase residential solar installations. Available power ratings: 5kW, 7kW, 8.25kW, 10kW.
- Maximum design flexibility, enabling fewer, longer strings
- Battery ready – DC coupled PV inverter
- Up to 200% DC oversizing when battery is connected, for battery charging and improved low light performance
- Supports (optional) smart energy devices and future system upgrades
- Fast inverter commissioning directly from a smartphone using SetApp
- Excellent reliability with standard 12-year warranty
- Panel-level monitoring via built-in Ethernet or Wi-Fi
- Advanced safety features, including SafeDCTM and integrated arc fault protection
- IP65 rated for outdoor or indoor installations
Manages battery, backup power, and household consumption, in addition to its standard functionality as a solar inverter. The StorEdge inverter is suitable for indoor or outdoor installations, and includes a 12-year standard warranty extendable to up to 25 years.
The StorEdge solution can be used to increase energy independence for homeowners, by utilising a battery
to store power and supply power as needed. To optimise self-consumption, the battery is automatically
charged and discharged to meet consumption needs and reduce the amount of power purchased from